Sunday, June 19, 2016

The months sure fly by! Which means that I can now show you some pictures of metal work and jewellery that has already been in exhibitions recently, instead of just being able to post the teaser shots beforehand! (How's that for a positive spin on procrastination?!)


In my last post I talked about the sculpture (pictured above) that I was submitting to ArtsNL. They did not in fact chose my piece, but it will be in the Annual Member's Show at the Craft Council of Newfoundland & Labrador Gallery. The exhibit opens Saturday the 25th, and is on all summer on the second floor.



















The set of brooches above was recently in the Metal Arts Guild of Canada's 70th Anniversary exhibition, Innovation. I incorporated 3M reflective fabric into a decorative set of brooches that can be worn any number of ways on an outer coat for going out at night, staying visible, and still looking stylish. They are titled, "Spotted!"


These works along with my neckpiece that was part of 18Karat's 2015 Great White North exhibition have all been submitted to the Craft Council for the Annual Member's Exhibition. So if you didn't see them in Toronto, then here's your chance to see them in St. John's!

Lastly I will give you a couple of process shots of two pieces I will have on exhibition at Salmonier Nature Park as part of their 40th anniversary celebration, Spirits Sheltered.  From my research trip to the park I settled on the caribou as my subject, and cut a printing plate out of sterling silver. I made dry point prints from this plate, had one framed for the exhibition, and then also turned the sterling caribou into a brooch/shawl pin. Spirits Sheltered opens at the Salmonier Nature Park Pavilion on Saturday July 9th and runs until October 7th.



No comments:

Post a Comment