Friday, September 30, 2011

And......shift

 Finally I've found myself between projects, and with a quantity of tools still unpacked after recent workshops, I decided the time was right to shift my jewellery workspace to my new bench.  I can't believe it took me so long, but I like to be organized when I settle in somewhere new, so I've put it off until now.  
There's still more stuff to shift, but I'm pretty happy with my new setup.  The new bench will take some getting used to though, having worked at a desk of conventional height so far, whereas a jeweller's bench is designed so the bench pin/working surface is around the height of my breastbone.  I have to keep reminding myself to relax my shoulders!
Not pictured is another small desk I've set up behind my bench so I have a place for my vise, my drill, as well as doing metal clay and design work. 

This space is also handier to the front door, so when customers visit they don't have to wander through so much of our home space.

Although I'm missing the view out the window in my old space, I'm loving this fresh new start.  Hopefully fresh new ideas will follow too!

No comments:

Post a Comment